It's been a busy beginning of the month. Escrow closed for one client. I dropped off an earnest money deposit for another. I had the normal collection of rent. I'm cleaning up after renters and listing stuff for rent and for sale. I also installed did some repair work.
A couple things I had to do were plumbing. I capped a 1/2" copper pipe that was used for a swamp cooler. It had a saddle (or vampire) tap, and the tap was leaking, so I removed it. The mineral content in the water had caused a very large hole to form under the tap, so I cut off the pipe with a hacksaw, cleaned up the edges and slipped on a 1/2" Sharkbite® fitting. The fitting went on in less than 10 seconds. I can solder, but this is so much faster. They can even be removed with a plastic tool. They are available at Home Depot. Lowe's has a similar product, I think it's called Gatorbite®. They cost around $5 instead of $2 but save so much time, and are way cheaper than calling a plumber.
I also replaced a low boy toilet with a standard height toilet. The copper piping is surface mounted on the brick wall. The 't' fitting had to be moved 4" to the left to allow the tank to clear the angle stop (my fault), and so I cut the pipe and used 2 of the 1/2" couplings to do this. Once again, saved a bunch of time. This particular run of pipe has caused me some problems soldering before.
I hope to have more updates later. Last month was crazy busy, and this month has a lot of catch up to do.
11 months ago